The Hospice are holding a competition which members might like to enter. Please find below the details provided to us by the Hospice.
Have you got an eye for a great picture? Do you see yourself as someone who is good with a camera? Would you like to brighten someone’s day within Garden House Hospice Care?
Whether you have a hidden talent or just enjoy capturing pictures as a hobby, why don’t you enter our photograph competition? Winning pictures will be displayed in the Hospice for our patients, families and carers with some great prizes up for grabs!
We are inviting staff members, patients, friends, family and members of our community within North Hertfordshire to showcase their photography to support with enhancing the healing environment.
Lucy Cosgrove, Admiral Nurse at Garden House Hospice Care and lead of the photograph competition states:
“Familiar and friendly photographs and artwork can not only create a positive and comforting environment, it can provide distraction and relief of anxiety during difficult times for our patients and relatives, particularly for those living with dementia or those living with learning disabilities”
We at Garden House Hospice Care pride ourselves in providing a welcoming, comfortable and reassuring environment for our patients, their families, our visitors and our staff.
We want you to share your most incredible photographs that fit within any of these three categories:
If you think your image will capture the attention and put a smile on the patients, relatives and staff members faces, we want to see it. Please ensure you follow the below guidelines and refer to the full terms and conditions:
- It must look familiar and be recognisable
- Feel welcoming and warming, not offensive
- Please avoid abstract images (Abstract artwork can be misinterpreted by someone living with dementia therefore we request not to submit this style of photographs)
- Will have to be suitable for a hospice environment
- Original photograph must be digital and at least 1MB in size
Please include a caption describing your photograph (maximum 10 words). Example: Fairland Valley Park, Stevenage 2019.
- Top 25 photographs: will be displayed within Garden House Hospice Care sites improving the environment for our patients, visitors and staff members.
- First prize: Shuttleworth: Family Ticket – 2 Adults & up to 4 Children
- Second Prize: Knebworth House, Park, Gardens, Playground & Dinosaurs: Ticket – 4 Persons
- Third Prize: Roald Dahl Museum: Golden Ticket for 1 Person
How to enter
- Send a 8×10 hard copy of your photograph to the following address:A/O Lucy Cosgrove – Photograph Competition, Garden House Hospice Care, Gillison Close, Letchworth Garden City, SG6 1QU. AND send an electronic PDF high resolution copy of the image of at least 1MB in size to: email@example.com
- On both the reverse of the hard copy and in the email include:
- Your name, address, telephone number, email address. We cannot accept photographs submitted without a valid contact number or email address
- The category: Object, Landscape and Wildlife
- A caption describing your photograph e.g. Fairland Valley Park, Stevenage 2019 (maximum 10 words).