Film photography is enjoying a resurgence at the moment with many photographers looking to go back to more traditional ways of making images.
As many of you know I’ve very much been caught up in this and plan to shoot film exclusively for the 2022-2023 club season and (after quite a bit of practise to fine tune my technique) I’m now able to offer HCC members a Black and White film developing and scanning service.
At present I’m able to offer the following services;
- Black and White film development ONLY for 35mm, 120 and 620 films
Available for £5 per film.
- Black and White film development and Basic scan (approx. 5 Megapixels) for 35mm, 120 and 620 films.
Available for £10 per film.
- Black and White film development and Hi Res scan (approx. 30 Megapixels) for 120 and 620 films.
Available for £15 per film.
I’m now able to offer Colour C41 (colour negative) processing, which is available at an additional £3 per film.
I’m now able to offer B&W printing up to 8″ X 10″, including mounting. This is a bespoke service so please ask for a quote.
What you get..
- I aim to turn your films around in a few days, but definitely within a week.
- Negatives will be returned to you in Hama Negative sleeves.
- For the scanning service I “scan” the negatives by placing them on a light box, and shooting them in RAW, I then convert this into a ready to use JPEG.
- For a Basic scan I shoot one image per negative giving approximately a 5 Megapixel images
- For a High Res scan I shoot 2-3 images of the images and stitch these together, giving a negative of approximately 30 megapixels
n.b. High Res scans are not available for 35mm
For details contact Andy Hyde
- Via the club’s WhatsApp
- 07917 154808
Here are a couple of scans so you can see the quality.
Copyright of the images is of course yours, however I will retain any digital scans as a back-up for a period of time.
In the event of a processing error on my part I will replace your film.