1. The club shall be called “Hitchin Camera Club“ and shall be affiliated to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain through the East Anglian Federation of Photographic Societies (EAF).
2. The object of the Club is to increase the knowledge and enjoyment of its members in photography
3. Membership and attendance fees
• Membership shall be open to all• The membership fee will consist of an annual membership for adults, seniors (65+) and juniors (12-18) to be paid annually upon joining.
• The level of the annual membership and visitor fees will be set annually at the AGM for the following year.
• A discount of 50% is available for anyone joining after December 31st.
• Prospective members may attend three club meetings subject to payment of a visitor fee, after which they will be expected to join the club and pay the appropriate membership fee less their paid visitor fees. Prospective members may take part in all club activities, however participation in competitions is restricted to fully-paid members.
• Junior members must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at each meeting. The guardian will be expected to pay an evening attendance fee, and will not be eligible to partake in club activities unless also a member.
4. The affairs of the Club shall be conducted by a Committee consisting of the following: Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Programme Secretary, Competition Secretary, and up to 5 ordinary Committee members. These to be elected at the Annual General Meeting and three members shall form a quorum. The Committee will elect a Vice Chairman from its members.
5. The Committee shall have the power to co-opt additional members if required.
6. The Club’s accounting year shall run from 1st April to 31st March. Two auditors shall be elected at the AGM and these must not be Committee members.
7. Two Committee members shall be delegated as required by and from the Committee as Club representatives to the East Anglian Federation.
8. The Annual General Meeting shall held not more than one month prior to the last evening meeting of the season when the accounts and Officers Reports will be presented. The agenda of the meeting to be available 14 days before the AGM and any matters for inclusion must be in the Secretary’s possession 21 days before the AGM.
9. An Extraordinary General Meeting may be called by the Committee or not less than 10 members notifying the Secretary in writing.
10. Any alterations to this constitution shall receive the assent of no less than two-thirds of the members present and voting at an AGM or EGM.
11. The Club may be dissolved by a resolution passed by a majority of members present and voting at a special meeting convened for the purpose. Any assets remaining after the settling of any debts and liabilities shall be applied towards charitable bodies or to the current members as decided and approved by the aforesaid majority.
12. The Committee shall have the power to determine any matter not provided for in these rules.
Constitution adopted at Annual General Meeting held on 23 April 2015