Thu27Jun201919:00Mardley Heath Nature Reserve led by Lee
Summer Evening Mardley Heath Nature Reserve
Mardley heath featured in last year's summer event program and was a popular venue, and somewhere I've subsequently visited again.
Here we'll be meeting in the Nature reserve car park for an evening walk before adjourning to the nearby Chequers Inn (with the "secret Zoo") at Woolmer Green.
The site is easy to find (but curiously not sign posted until you're actually there).
- Take the B197 from Stevenage heading south.
- Go through Knebworth
- Keep going south on London Road
- Pass through Woolmer Green (look out for and pass The Chequers Inn on the right hand side).
- About half way up the hill turn right into Heath Road
- Follow Health road for about 1/2 mile and the car park is on the right