For the first Tutorial/Practical evening of this season we’ll be doing “Flower Photography”.
This session will be led by our chairman Andy Hyde, who’ll give a brief presentation (around 30 minutes) where he’ll be talking about;
- The direction and softness of light, and using Flags and Reflectors
- Some guidance on the colour circle, including complementary and contrasting colours
- White balance for artificial light photography
We’ll then make sets of individual blooms, coloured paper backdrops, and lights available to our members to use for the rest of the evening.
To take part in this event you simply need to bring your camera and tripod and if you have them extension tubes or close-up filters. Unless you’re lucky enough to have a macro lens you should bring your kit lens or a short telephoto.
Check out some of our other tutorial nights
- “Playing with Water” – by Steve Granger
- “Introduction to Still Life” – by Andy Hyde
- “Light Painting” by Andy Hyde
- “Off Camera Flash – Part 2” – by Andy Hyde and Steve Granger