For this event we’ll be suggesting you visit Pirton on the Thursday evening, and might like to consider visiting some of these sites…
Many thanks to David Leedham, Neil Frost and Tony Dodd for this excellent guide!
Please can we remind all members to adhere to social distancing guidelines when attending HCC events.
Download this map here…. HCC Pirton Visit
Some guidance notes
- The Motte & Bailey pub (1 Great Green, Pirton, Hitchin, SG5 3QD) has welcomed HCC to meet in its car park and is open until 10 p.m. for a post-walk drink unless circumstances change.
- All the local photogenic locations highlighted are within easy range and short walking timescale from the Motte & Bailey pub which is central. Care should be taken as some roads do not have footpaths. Several resident HCC members will be on hand for anyone wanting suggestions or directions.
- It is suggested that to maintain social distancing members could disperse to points that interest them, meeting up again for a socially distanced drink afterwards if desired.
- Animals are at various times accommodated on The Bury, please close gates and watch where you tread! There is an information board at Toot Hill describing its history.
- As regards the dilapidated summer house, this is located in the garden of an elderly lady where we have no rights of access so discretion will need to be exercised. This particular building can be seen from the access road to the Sports & Recreation Ground.
- A reminder to HCC members that no access over private lands and gardens has been negotiated.