Following a request from one of our members, we will be running an extra assignment night on the 30th July, so not long…
We’ll be asking you to shoot up to 4 images on “a subject of your choice”, although All images must be related. However we’ll be asking you to send in the unedited images straight from the camera, so no PhotoShop, No LightRoom, no cropping, no RAW processing, just what the camera gives you.
That still of course allows many many, adjustments. The basic rule will be if you set it before firing the shutter it’s valid. So you might want to consider all of the following;
- How you set the Exposure
- What focal length or lens to use
- Shooting vertically, horizontally or diagonally
- Techniques like ICM
- Picture mode (to control sharpness, contrast and many other settings)
- Film simulation (Black and white, with or without filters, or one of many film effects)
- Artificial lighting, flash and reflectors
- If your camera allows multiple-exposure that’s fine
- But…. in-camera post processing, for example HDR or a star-burst effect, or in Camera Raw editing aren’t allowed!
As always images need to be digital, and submitted with your name and an image number, to Gareth, no later than midnight on the Sunday before