In a change to the published schedule this evening will be used to select our images for the inter-club competition on the 11th April. We asking our members to select 2 prints and 2 digitals from this year’s or last year’s competitions to be considered for the Inter-club competition against Stevenage and Harpenden Photographic societies. To take part you’ll need to…
- Submit your Entries by 14th March
- On the evening of the 14th March bring your print entries to put in Gareth’s box
- By midnight on the 14th March email your digital entries to Gareth
We’ll then publish the digital images on the club’s website for you to review.
- Review and chose the images On the evening of the 21st March we’ll set the room up as if it were a competition, however as you enter you’ll be given 5 voting slips.
- We’ll start the evening with a run through of the digital images to let you see everyone’s submission. At this point you should start choosing your favourites. Don’t forget all of the images must be previous competition entries so you’ll have had the chance to see them before in detail, but we can do a second run though if required.
- We’ll then show each of the images in turn. If you’d like to vote for an image simply surrender one of your voting slips.
- At the end we’ll be able to announce our top 12 images (10 entries and 2 reserves).
- In the event of there being multiple images with the same score we’ll use a show of hands vote to determine which make the cut. The exact voting method will determined on the night depending on the number of images. n.b. In the event of a tie remaining after 2 votes the Chairman will make a casting vote.
- And again… We’ll then repeat the process for the Prints.
But what about the assignment night?…
- If the selection process is completed quickly, we’ll use the remainder of the evening to look at your assignment night images as normal.
- If there selection process takes a long time we’ll simply defer the assignment night to a different day.